The Hartman Agency was founded by W. Howard Hartman in 1932 in Williamsport, PA as a property and casualty agency. Today, we have offices in Williamsport and State College with divisions in commercial property and casualty, and personal lines. For more than 80 years, The Hartman Agency has expanded our approach of service offerings, expanded to other communities and grown our talented staff. We look forward to speaking with career-minded professionals about exciting opportunities with our company.
The Hartman Group’s mission and purpose is to create value for businesses and individuals in our communities by applying our expertise and relationships to particular client circumstances. We believe that our business interest is served as a natural consequence of creating value for others, and that true business success occurs through the mutual benefit of all participants, not at the expense of any participant. We are able to overlap the interests of our stakeholder groups – our clients, our employees, our insurer partners, our communities and our own organization.
About our Positions
The Hartman Group continually strives to add talented individuals to our group. Do you have the qualities needed to become a Hartman employee? Take a look at our open positions:
The Hartman Group relies on talented, hard-working, service-oriented people for our company’s success. We reward our employees with competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following:
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401k plan
- Work/life resources
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Volunteer opportunities
- Perks: Such as free city parking, luncheons, SAM’s membership and more!
The Hartman Group has a strong commitment to enriching our communities through service and education. We provide numerous educational presentations throughout the communities we serve to educate and inform people about issues that will impact their way of life.
Additionally, The Hartman Group and our employees actively volunteer and sponsor community activities and events. Some of the organizations we support are: YMCA, United Way, Toys for Tots, Little League World Series, PSU Football, St. Anthony’s, 5K for Kids Fundraising Race, American Cancer Society and Relay for Life.
The Hartman Group strives to create value by applying our expertise and relationships to business and individual client situations. We believe that our ability to create value is based in our talented staff and their commitment to these areas:
- Consistent integrity and principles
- Diverse styles
- Interested and interesting personalities
- Understanding modern technology
- Ability to adapt to technology changes
- Creation of value for participant
- “Process” rather than “product”
The Hartman Group seeks career-minded individuals who are able to thrive in this culture.
The Hartman Group generates value for our clients, our insurers, our co-workers and within our community, by contributing efficiently, effectively and with a positive attitude. We have high standards for our staff and reward effort and performance.
- Our clients, insurers, and co-workers must benefit from your contributions of technical expertise, business ability and personality.
- We expect our employees to provide and coordinate customer service in a manner that creates value and differentiates our organization in the marketplace.
- Behaviors and attitude consistent with outstanding performance on behalf of clients, co- workers, partner insurers and the agency are expected from every member of our staff.